In my last post I talked about the shampoo story I'd heard on NPR. That got me thinking about shampoo. Remember all of those funky shampoos from the 70's? I'm talking about Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific, Body on Tap (the shampoo with beer in it), LemonUp with the lemon on the top, Herbal Essence. I was such a sucker for all of that stuff. Later I graduated to shampoos like Jhirmak, Nexus, Pantene, Paul Mithcell and System Biolage. I used to spend a fortune on shampoo! Now what do I use? Suave. If I want to splurge I get Garnier Fructis.
I've been thinking about blogging and why people do it and why I'm suddenly doing it. I don't feel the need to update everyone with a minute by minute description of what I'm doing, like on MySpace or Facebook. But I do kind of like the idea of writing something and maybe somebody else will read it. And then I'll be famous! No I don't want to be famous. And I try to stay away from the computer when I'm at home cause it just seems to suck up time that I don't have. But it is kind of fun to write something. About something silly like shampoo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations on your new blog! Do you mind if I link to it from mine?
ReplyDeleteI remember your bathroom and the hundreds of shampoos you had in there, especially the huge gallon-like jug. The shampoos made the bathroom smell all nice and girly.
Sure you can link it to yours.
ReplyDelete