I am an organizationally challenged person. For a librarian you'd think I'd be super organized but I'm not. And I think I've come to a point in my life where my usual mode of operation, flying by the seat of my pants, isn't working anymore. In the past I've usually just knew in my head what needed to be done and would do it and I got by with that. Now it seems that keeping all these things in my head isn't working anymore.
I'm attracted to organization. Like so many things, I like the idea of it. But when put to reality I don't follow through. I envy frineds who are super organzied, neat and clean. I've made attempts, really I have. I went to a Franklin Covey seminar and got a Franklin Planner. I thought it was soooo cool! But I hated carrying the thing around with me and writing down all the things I was supposed to do and crossing them off. It felt like a waste of time for me. I used to not carry a purse. I hate carrying things, makes me feel tied down. I don't like to carry a diaper bag. What is wrong with me?
Last week I made ahead meals to put in the freezer to heat up during the week. It's one of my attempts to save time and money and not have to try and figure out what's for dinner. It wasn't too bad, just a lot of chopping. But it did require me to sit down and plan meals ahead of time, make out a grocery list etc. My husband complains that I go to the store and spend $200.00 on potato chips and nutty bars and don't get "meals". I say snacks are important!
I think it's a sign I'm getting older. Things that used to not bother me are now beginning to bother me. Like I hate coming down in the morning to a messy kitchen. So if I don't want a messy kitchen in the morning I need to clean it up the night before. I know, you're thinking, so simple! I just failed to make that connection before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment